|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This tasty, well-seasoned chili recipe is made with chicken breast, vegetables, and canned red beans. Use kidney beans or small red beans in this recipe.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans red beans, small or kidney beans
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chile peppers,
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
In 5-quart Dutch oven or kettle over high heat, in 1 tablespoons hot olive oil, cook chicken until tender, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to bowl; refrigerate until ready to add back to chili.
Add butter to the same pan over medium heat; cook green and red peppers, onion, and garlic until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute. Stir in kidney beans with their liquid, tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, green chile peppers, water, sugar, and ground red pepper; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken and heat thoroughly.
More Chicken Chili