|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 55g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||97%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This chicken and shrimp skillet recipe is a stew-like combination, a delicious family meal with crusty bread or rolls or freshly baked biscuits.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to season chicken)
- 1 dash pepper (plus more to season chicken)
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (raw, shelled, cleaned, and deveined; about 1 pound if shells have been removed)
Pat chicken dry.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; brown chicken slowly, turning once to brown both sides. Pour off some of the excess fat.
In a bowl combine tomato sauce, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; blend well and pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes, until chicken is tender.
Add shrimp to the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
Serve as a stew with crusty bread or biscuits.