This chicken and shrimp skillet recipe is a stew-like combination, a delicious family meal with crusty bread or rolls or freshly baked biscuits.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to season chicken)
- 1 dash pepper (plus more to season chicken)
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (raw, shelled, cleaned, and deveined; about 1 pound if shells have been removed)
- Wash chicken; pat dry.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; brown chicken slowly, turning once to brown both sides. Pour off some of the excess fat.
- In a bowl combine tomato sauce, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; blend well and pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Add shrimp to the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve as a stew with crusty bread or biscuits.
More Chicken Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||55 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|