|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 56g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 27g||135%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 16 ounces frozen spinach (thawed, drained, and squeezed dry)
- 4 slices bacon (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Dash garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 to 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 3/4 cup / 3 ounces natural Parmesan cheese (finely shredded)
Grease a 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole dish. Heat oven to 350 F.
Sprinkle the well-drained spinach over the bottom of the casserole; set aside.
In a large skillet, fry the diced bacon until just crisp. With a slotted spoon transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle the drained bacon over the spinach, then pour the hot chicken mixture over all.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is lightly browned.