Chicken, that staple of so many busy cooks' kitchens, can actually become boring after a while. But never fear—this collection of delicious chicken recipes from around the world all use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and add fabulous flavors. None of these recipes claim to be "authentic," but all remind us of different cuisines and all are quick and easy. Nothing will shake up your recipe repertoire like some easy international chicken recipes.
Since chicken is so mild and tender, you can use it in just about any cuisine and it will happily adapt. Be sure you know how to cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best information about getting the best results. Then have fun!
Substitute just about any ingredient for any other. You can do that in cooking recipes, you know. Be sure to write down the changes you make when you hit on a winner. And, for some family table discussion, you might want to have a conversation about the country that your chicken recipe comes from.
Enjoy these recipes this week!
Chicken Recipes From Around the World
- Butter chicken: Butter chicken is an Indian dish that is marinated in lemon juice, then cooked in a cream and butter-enriched tomato sauce. This recipe can be as mild or as spicy as you like. You're in control, after all.
- Chicken etouffee: This recipe is loosely based on crawfish etouffee.
- Chicken scampi: We know that scampi is Italian, but we always think of it as Floridian, because we had the best shrimp scampi of our life in a restaurant near Bonita Springs.
- Crockpot chicken cacciatore: Cacciatore is an Italian term that means 'hunter'. It translates to a dish prepared with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and herbs. This flavorful chicken recipe is a favorite.
- Chicken paprikash: From Hungary, this fabulous and hearty dish is delicious served over mashed potatoes or hot rice.
- Cheese stuffed chicken: Feta cheese and olives add a Greek flair to this simple, delicious recipe.
- Crockpot orange curried chicken: Curry is a complex blend of spices from India. This fabulous recipe is our family's favorite.
- Tex-Mex grilled chicken: Cooked on your indoor grill, all the Mexican spices flavor this chicken to perfection. We love the combination of the hot, juicy chicken with cold salsa.
- Fake chicken cordon bleu: This French recipe is a nice fake-out! The flavors are superb, and the recipe is much easier than classic Cordon Bleu.
- Mexican peacocks: We think this is Mexican because of the avocado stuffing. At any rate, we adore this chicken recipe.
- Crockpot Thai chicken: Substitute chicken breasts for the thighs in this recipe and cut the cooking time to 6 to 7 hours. Lime juice, ginger root, and peanut butter make a wonderful sauce for this easy chicken recipe.
- Chicken with peppers stir-fry: Stir-frying originated in Asian countries. This is one of the best ways to cook chicken.
- Chicken lo mein: This excellent and super healthy chicken recipe uses ramen soup mix for the flavorings.