|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes 6 sandwiches (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 56g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These chicken breast sandwiches are topped off with grilled roasted bell peppers and a flavorful herb aioli. A great go to recipe for a quick weeknight meal.
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 bell peppers (red or green)
- 3 tomatoes (sliced)
- 3 ounces arugula leaves
- 6 buns (or 12 slices of bread)
- For Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even 1-inch thickness. Cut each breast into 2 equal sized pieces. Place into resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade in a plastic or glass (non-metal bowl). Pour over chicken breasts making sure they are well coated. Seal bag and allow chicken to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare aioli by combining mayonnaise, mustard, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Wash, dry and cut bell peppers in half. Remove stems and seeds. Cut into thirds and brush oil.
- Preheat grill. Remove chicken breasts from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken breast over a medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Check for doneness (internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.) before removing from grill. Remove pieces and place onto a plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Place bell peppers pieces onto grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Watch for burning. Peppers should be tender but still contain some crunch. Remove from grill and let cool for a few minutes before slicing into thinner strips. Cut chicken into strips.
- Assemble sandwiches while the chicken is still hot. Place chicken in warmed buns or wraps. Top with aioli, tomatoes, grilled bell peppers and arugula leaves.