These quick and easy skillet chicken breasts are served with a simple creamy pan sauce infused with dill. Use fresh dill in the recipe if possible.
For faster and more even cooking, use chicken cutlets or slice each boneless chicken breast in half horizontally.
Serve the chicken breasts with the sauce and hot cooked noodles, rice, or potatoes. For side vegetables, add steamed broccoli, green beans, or these simple buttered snow pea pods.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves or cutlets, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt*
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill weed
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. If the chicken breasts are quite large, slice each one in half horizontally to make two cutlets. For faster and more uniform cooking, put each chicken breast or cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer.
- Melt butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the butter and oil are hot and sizzling, add the chicken breast halves or cutlets to the skillet. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is browned. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from skillet to a hot platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine cream or half-and-half, flour, and dill; whisk or blend with a fork until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the skillet; cook and stir until the mixture has thickened. Serve the creamy dill sauce over chicken breasts with rice, noodles, or potatoes and your favorite side vegetables.
Tips and Variations
- With Garlic and/or Shallots - After the chicken is removed from the skillet, add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and a minced cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the cream and flour mixture and continue with the recipe.
- Quick Seasoned Salt Blend - Combine 1/3 cup of salt with 1/4 cup of onion powder and 2 tablespoons each of garlic powder, white pepper, and paprika. For an herbed salt blend, add 1/2 teaspoon each of marjoram, thyme, and celery salt.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|