Orange juice concentrate and dried cranberries add fruity flavor to these easy skillet chicken breasts. This chicken is great with rice; add a tossed green salad or green beans to round out the meal.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Put the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound until the pieces are about 1/2-inch thick. Alternatively, you may use chicken tenders or thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets in the recipe.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with the salt and pepper; dust with flour.
- Cook the chicken breasts in the hot oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Add the sliced green onions and continue cooking for 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking for 10 minutes longer.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|