This rich pasta is comforting and creamy, with a healthy dose of greens to boot. A union of chicken, broccoli, bacon, cream, cheese, and pasta cooked in a single pot, it’s easy-to-make, easy-to-clean. Use cavatappi, a corkscrew-shaped macaroni, for a fun departure from Alfredo sauce’s more common pairing, fettuccine. This meal is an easy family pleaser and budget-friendly.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces or small tenders
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 strips cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot over med-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook it through
- Add the garlic, bacon, broccoli, salt, and pepper, and cook until the broccoli becomes bright green.
- Pour in the cream and let come to a low boil
- Add the pasta and cheese and stir to completely combine and melt the cheese
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||76 g|
|Saturated Fat||38 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|