This easy slow-baked chicken casserole is a popular everyday dinner dish or potluck. It's made with dried beef, sour cream, chicken breast halves, and a little bacon.
The chicken is baked in a slow oven, but it may be baked at a higher temperature for a shorter time. Wrap the chicken with the bacon pieces or lay the bacon over the top of the chicken breasts.
- 1 jar (2.5 ounces) dried beef
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, regular or turkey
- Heat the oven to 250 F.*
- Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In the prepared baking dish, arrange beef in a single layer.
- Wrap the bacon slices around chicken breasts, then place the chicken on the beef layer.
- In a small bowl, blend together soup and sour cream.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for about 2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.*
*This casserole can also be baked at 350° F for about an hour.
**To ensure doneness, check the chicken breasts with a food thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest pieces. The minimum safe cooking temperature for chicken, turkey, and other poultry (including ground poultry) is 165 F (73.9 C).
- Sprinkle the chicken with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese about 20 minutes before it's done.
- Garnish the finished dish with chopped fresh parsley or green onion tops if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||94 g|
|Saturated Fat||34 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|