|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 5 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||57%|
|Total Carbohydrate 48g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Try this tasty chicken noodle casserole. It's made with chopped vegetables, sliced mushrooms, and a little white wine, baked with herb and butter breadcrumbs on top.
- 4 ounces medium noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon herb seasoning mixture or dried leaf thyme
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and diced)
- 4 ounces egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or substitute more chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons green onions or freshly chopped parsley
Gather the ingredients.
Cook noodles in boiling salted water just until tender. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; add mushrooms, onion, celery, and grated carrot.
Cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes; stir flour into the pan juices until smooth; add salt, pepper, and thyme. Gradually add milk and chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
Add chicken, noodles, and wine; simmer for 1 minute.
Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish. Combine the fine breadcrumbs with butter then toss with green onions or parsley if desired. Sprinkle buttered breadcrumb mixture over the chicken noodle casserole.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Serve and enjoy!