|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
A chicken chili recipe made with kidney beans, chicken breasts, onion, tomatoes, chiles, and cumin.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
Brown chicken over medium heat; add the onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes, chile pepper, broth or water, cilantro, chili powder, and cumin.
Cover skillet and simmer for about 20 minutes.