These chicken fajitas are a snap to prepare and cook, and they make a delicious lunch or dinner dish.
Serve the fajitas with your favorite toppings. I like chopped tomatoes, red onion, and sour cream. Guacamole, sliced green onions, salsa, and chopped onions are all excellent choices as well.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 chicken breast halves (boneless, cut in thin strips)
- 1 medium onion (cut in wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 mild chile pepper (green or red, seeds removed, sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut in strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut in strips)
- 1 zucchini (trimmed, cut in strips)
- 8 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Optional: guacamole
- 6 to 8 green onion (trimmed, sliced)
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring and turning the pieces constantly, for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Drain and serve.
- Add the onion, garlic and chile peppers to the oil in the pan and sauté over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchini; cook over high heat for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables have begun to have a dark brown, charred look around the edges.
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat until sizzling hot.
- Serve right away, with warm tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, and chopped tomatoes.
- Add hot cooked rice and refried beans to these fajitas for a complete meal.
Related Chicken Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||131 g|
|Saturated Fat||42 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||39 g|