|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These chicken fajitas are a snap to prepare and cook, and they make a delicious lunch or dinner dish.
Serve the fajitas with your favorite toppings. I like chopped tomatoes, red onion, and sour cream. Guacamole, sliced green onions, salsa, and chopped onions are all excellent choices as well.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 chicken breast halves (boneless, cut in thin strips)
- 1 medium onion (cut in wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 mild chile pepper (green or red, seeds removed, sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut in strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut in strips)
- 1 zucchini (trimmed, cut in strips)
- 8 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Optional: guacamole
- 6 to 8 green onion (trimmed, sliced)
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring and turning the pieces constantly, for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Drain and serve.
Add the onion, garlic and chile peppers to the oil in the pan and sauté over high heat for 2 minutes.
Add the bell peppers and zucchini; cook over high heat for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables have begun to have a dark brown, charred look around the edges.
Return the chicken to the pan and heat until sizzling hot.
Serve right away, with warm tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, sliced green onions, and chopped tomatoes.
Add hot cooked rice and refried beans to these fajitas for a complete meal.
Related Chicken Recipes