This easy recipe uses a frozen spinach souffle with shredded Parmesan cheese to make a tasty topping for chicken breasts. Serve this chicken Florentine with potatoes or rice for a quick and delicious family meal.
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen spinach soufflé, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, or 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease an 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350 F.
- Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently until an even thickness. Pre-sliced thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts can be used in place of the chicken breast halves.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt or salt and pepper; dip into the flour to coat thoroughly.
- Cook the chicken in the hot skillet for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Arrange browned chicken in the baking dish. Spoon the thawed spinach evenly over the chicken.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter, add the salt and Parmesan cheese; toss to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the spinach. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|