- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- Dash dried
- Dash ground
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 5 cups cooked chicken, sliced or diced
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 6 thin slices ham
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spinach according to package instructions, drain well.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add minced garlic, basil, and thyme. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon flour and blend well. Add 1/3 cup half-and-half and the spinach; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Cover with cooked chicken slices.
- Over medium-low heat, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and blend in remaining 3 tablespoons of flour, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually stir in 3/4 cup half-and-half and 3/4 cup chicken broth; continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut sliced ham in strips. Add to sauce and pour over chicken.
- Cover all with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|