- 4 cups rice (cooked, cold)
- 8 ounces chicken (cooked, chopped)
- 2 eggs (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- soy sauce to taste
- oyster sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (more or less as needed for stir-frying)
- Beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks, add a dash of salt (Add a bit of oyster sauce if desired).
- Chop the chicken meat and dice the onion and green onion.
- Heat wok and add oil.
- When oil is ready, pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the wok and cook over medium heat, turning over once. Cook the other half the same way.
- Cut the egg into thin strips, and save for later.
- Stir-fry the onion on high heat for a few moments, remove and set aside. Do the same for the green peas.
- Add oil, turn down the heat to medium and stir-fry the rice.
- Add the soy sauce, salt, pepper and oyster sauce.
- Add the chicken, onion and green peas and combine thoroughly.
- Serve chicken fried rice with the strips of egg on top and the green onion as a garnish. (Alternately, you can mix the green onion and egg in with the other ingredients).
Reader Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Comments: "It was fantastic!" Submitted by Melysa
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|