|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Chicken fried rice is a great way to use leftovers. Like all fried rice dishes, chicken fried rice tastes best when using leftover cooked rice.
Makes 3 servings of chicken fried rice, or 4 - 6 as part of a meal.
More Chinese Recipes
- 4 cups rice (cooked, cold)
- 8 ounces chicken (cooked, chopped)
- 2 eggs (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- soy sauce to taste
- oyster sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (more or less as needed for stir-frying)
1. Beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks, add a dash of salt (Add a bit of oyster sauce if desired).
2. Chop the chicken meat and dice the onion and green onion.
3. Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the wok and cook over medium heat, turning over once. Cook the other half the same way. Cut the egg into thin strips, and save for later.
4. Stir-fry the onion on high heat for a few moments, remove and set aside. Do the same for the green peas.
5. Add oil, turn down the heat to medium and stir-fry the rice. Add the soy sauce, salt, pepper and oyster sauce. Add the chicken, onion and green peas and combine thoroughly. Serve chicken fried rice with the strips of egg on top and the green onion as a garnish. (Alternately, you can mix the green onion and egg in with the other ingredients).
Reader Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Comments: "It was fantastic!" Submitted by Melysa