Any fried rice recipe is the perfect choice for a last minute meal. Once all of the ingredients are prepared, which is very simple for this recipe, since you are using canned chicken and a frozen vegetable mixture, dinner can be on the table in about 15 minutes.
You do need cold cooked rice to make five ingredient Chicken Fried Rice, however, so if you're on your way home craving fried rice, stop off at a Chinese take-out store. Instead of buying a meal packed with sodium and MSG, buy the rice, go home, and make yourself this healthy dish in minutes.
All you need to serve with this simple recipe is a green salad tossed with some mushrooms and drizzled with a vinaigrette, or a fruit salad made from seasonal fruits.
- 1 tablespoon peanut or safflower oil
- 2 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry mixture
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounces) can chunk chicken, drained, or 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 tablespoons peanut or safflower oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Heat a wok or 10" heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add one tablespoon oil and rotate the wok or skillet to coat. Add the frozen stir-fry mixture to the wok. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes. Then add the cold cooked rice and the drained or cubed chicken. Stir-fry these ingredients for 5 minutes until the food is hot.
- Push the cooked mixture to the sides of wok or skillet. Add the additional one tablespoon of oil, then add the beaten eggs. Cook and stir the eggs over medium heat until the eggs are thickened and cooked. Stir the mixture together with all of the other ingredients and add the soy sauce. Stir and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|