Kabobs have magical powers for kids. The exact same food served on a plate may hold no appeal to them. But put it on a stick and voila! Suddenly, it becomes tasty. Such is the case when I make these chicken kabobs. The red pepper and spring onion add beautiful color to these chicken kabobs.
- 1 to 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 to 5 spring onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the chicken, red pepper and onions in a glass bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and vegetables, turning to coat well. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat, or heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Thread skewers with chicken and vegetables (remember to soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to using to prevent burning).
- Grill chicken kabobs 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Serve these chicken kabobs with rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|