Chicken kofta is perfect for those who don't eat red meat or are trying to cut back. The flavor of this chicken kofta recipe is great!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, combine the red bell pepper, parsley, garlic, pepper, and onion until thoroughly mixed. Ingredients can be used as listed but tend to hold better when mixed with the chicken.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add chicken and mix well.
- Wet hands with water and form the mixture into balls, patties, or cigar-shaped pieces, whichever you desire.
- Place on greased cookie sheet or shallow baking dish in oven and cook for twenty minutes.
- Chicken kofta can also be cooked on a grill, either on skewers or alone, or pan-fried for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through cook time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|