This chicken lasagna recipe is made with a light white sauce and a seasoned tomato based sauce, along with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses. Enjoy this lasagna with crusty bread and a tossed salad.
If you're short on time, replace the homemade tomato sauce with a large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Related Recipe: Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
- 1 can/28 ounces tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk (
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (cooked, in large chunks)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper, olive oil, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and run cold water over the noodles to stop the cooking; pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a cup, stir a few tablespoons of cold water into the 3 tablespoons flour. Stir until a smooth paste forms. Place chicken broth and milk in a saucepan and heat. Add flour mixture to the liquid; add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in parsley. Continue to cook, stirring until mixture is thickened and bubbling.
- Pour a thin layer of the tomato sauce mixture into a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles placed side-by-side. Add a layer of chicken; sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese over chicken. Top with a layer of the white sauce. Add another layer of lasagna, more tomato sauce, another layer of chicken, mozzarella cheese, and white sauce; repeat until all ingredients are used or the baking dish is full, finishing with a layer of lasagna noodles. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
- Makes about 6 servings.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|