Chicken, particularly the breast meat, often benefits from a good marinade. This is a simple recipe that requires a 30 to 45 minute marinade time. This recipe is great for chicken breasts that end up in other recipes such as soups, stews, sandwiches, salads, and wraps.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (you can use pure agave if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a resealable bag, add chicken, and marinade for 30 to 45 minutes.
Use in your desired chicken recipe and enjoy!
- This is enough marinade for 4 to 5 pounds/1.8 to 2.3 kg of chicken.
- Store mixture in an air tight container in refrigerator for up 5 days after preparation.
- I recommend making it a day in advance (stored in the fridge of course) to let the flavors blend before using.