This dish is meant to be similar to the chicken Marsala from Olive Garden Restaurants.
I use dry Marsala in this dish, but if you prefer a slightly sweet flavor in the dish, use a sweet Marsala.
This is one of the easiest skillet chicken dishes, and one of the tastiest. I usually serve it with angel hair pasta or spaghetti, but it is great with potatoes or rice as well.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves; skin removed, pounded to an even 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil, oregano, or Italian herbs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry (or sweet) Marsala wine
- salt, to taste
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano and blend well.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet until bubbling lightly.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat for about 2 minutes on one side, or until lightly browned.
- As you turn the chicken breasts to the second side to cook, add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook for about 2 more minutes, until lightly browned on the second side. Stir the mushrooms.
- When the second side is lightly browned, add the wine around the chicken pieces; cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||99 g|
|Saturated Fat||30 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|