- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 3 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, washed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Then, spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for "al dente." Drain. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. While oil is heating, cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Brown chicken in oil. Add Italian seasoning, half of the spaghetti sauce and the drained tomatoes. Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut cream cheese into small chunks. Add to chicken and tomato sauce mixture. Simmer until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in spinach. Cook another minute, until spinach wilts slightly.
- Pour chicken mixture over pasta. Top with one cup of the shredded mozzarella. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Don't Miss: Best Main Casserole Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)