This easy chicken and pasta bake is an easy one-dish meal. Serve the casserole with a salad and biscuits for a satisfying everyday dinner.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken up, or other pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk or half-and-half
- 3 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water following package directions; drain and rinse well.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat; melt butter. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
Blend the flour into the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually add the milk. Cook, stirring until thickened.
Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Cook, stirring until the cheese has melted.
Add chicken, Worcestershire sauce, and spaghetti. Mix to blend all of the ingredients and turn into a baking dish.
Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.