This chicken and rice recipe is a flavorful pilaf made with chicken, pecans, rice, tomatoes, and seasonings. It's an easy one-pot meal to prepare and cook in a saucepan or saute pan. Tomatoes and seasonings give this chicken pilaf lots of flavor and moisture.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add chicken and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pecans and cook for 2 minutes longer. Add salt, pepper, and coriander.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiling broth and add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|