|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 42g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||99%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This chicken divan is a chicken and rice casserole with broccoli and cheddar cheese. Diced cooked chicken is used in the dish, and a simple white sauce with sour cream makes a smooth and creamy topping.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears (or florets)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
- 2 to 3 cups chicken (cooked, cubed)
- Salt (seasoned salt blend, to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
Gather the ingredients.
Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
Arrange broccoli in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle the broccoli with half the cheese.
Then, top with cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon on the cooked rice.
In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
Blend in the flour.
Add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
Fold in the sour cream.
Pour over chicken and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Double the cheese for the casserole if you like lots of cheese.
- Feel free to add some chopped green onions and paprika to the topping.
- Make this casserole with a combination of cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- Use mild or sharp cheddar cheese or use a cheddar jack blend of cheeses.