Now, this is the way to eat chicken breasts. Stuffed with Gouda cheese, bacon and then grilled, this chicken roulade is simply delicious.
- 6 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
- 6 ounces/170 grams frozen cooked spinach (thawed according to package directions and thoroughly drained)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (chopped)
- 1 cup/240 mL smoked Gouda cheese (cubed small)
- 4 8-ounce/225 grams chicken breasts
- 8 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
Spray cool grill grate with cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high.
While grill is preheating, cook 6 strips of Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly, then coarsely chop and set aside.
Place the spinach and chipotle pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; gently fold in the Gouda cheese cubes and cooked bacon pieces to incorporate.
Lay each chicken breast on a piece of plastic wrap and pound until flattened. Place 1/4 cup of the filling on one side of each chicken breast, roll up chicken and tuck in filling.
Wrap each chicken roulade with two pieces of uncooked Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon from end to end and secure with toothpicks.
Place chicken on the medium-hot grill and cook with lid closed for 8 to 10 minutes, turning each piece at the halfway point. Continue to cook another 8 to 10 minutes with grill lid open until desired crispness is achieved. Roulade is cooked through once they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 F.
Transfer chicken roulades to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice, serve and enjoy!