Now this is the way to eat chicken breasts. Stuffed with Gouda cheese, bacon and then grilled, these chicken roulade are simply delicious.
- 6 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
- 6 ounces/170 g frozen cooked spinach, thawed according to package directions and thoroughly drained
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 cup/240 mL smoked Gouda cheese, cubed small
- 4 8-ounce/225 g chicken breasts
- 8 strips uncooked Wright® Brand Smoked Bacon
- Spray cool grill grate with cooking spray and preheat grill to medium high.
- While grill is preheating, cook 6 strips of Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Place the spinach and chipotle pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; gently fold in the Gouda cheese cubes and cooked bacon pieces to incorporate.
- Lay each chicken breast on a piece of plastic wrap and pound until flattened. Place 1/4 cup of the filling on one side of each chicken breast, roll up chicken and tuck in filling.
- Wrap each chicken roulade with two pieces of uncooked Wright® Brand Hickory Bacon from end to end and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken on medium-hot grill and cook with lid closed for 8-10 minutes, turning each piece at the halfway point. Continue to cook another 8-10 minutes with grill lid open until desired crispness is achieved. Roulade are cooked through once they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
- Transfer chicken roulades to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice, serve and enjoy!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||52 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|