|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a delicious chicken salad, made with fresh and dried herbs, along with a little lemon juice and mayonnaise. Use this chicken sandwich spread as a filling for soft rolls or bread with lettuce leaves.
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
Toss the chicken with the fresh parsley and dried herbs.
Combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with the lemon juice. Mix with the chopped chicken. Taste and add more mayonnaise, as needed, for texture and to taste. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve the chicken salad in lettuce-lined buns, rolls, or sliced toasted bread along with soup, sliced tomatoes, or a tossed fresh salad.
The chicken salad may be served in lettuce leaves for a low carb option.