This is a delicious chicken salad, made with fresh and dried herbs, along with a little lemon juice and mayonnaise. Use this chicken sandwich spread as a filling for soft rolls or bread with lettuce leaves.
I made the sandwiches with dried herbs, but fresh herbs may be used.
The chicken salad is pictured in a Parmesan cheese basket,
Related Recipe: Southern Chicken Salad
- 3 to 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaves
Toss the chicken with the fresh parsley and dried herbs.
Combine 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with the lemon juice. Mix with the chopped chicken. Taste and add more mayonnaise, as needed, for texture and to taste. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve the chicken salad in lettuce-lined buns, rolls, or sliced toasted bread along with soup, sliced tomatoes, or a tossed fresh salad. The chicken salad may be served in lettuce leaves for a low carb option.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|