This chicken salad is made with the addition of crushed pineapple, some celery, and optional hard-cooked eggs. It's a simple salad with an uncomplicated list of ingredients.
The recipe calls for crushed pineapple, but add some cubed pineapple if you'd like more texture. Or serve it along with sliced pineapple. Add avocado wedges on the side and garnish the salad with some sliced green onion tops or chopped cilantro for extra color.
- 3 cups chicken (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (crushed, drained)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more, as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 leaves lettuce (or more as desired)
- Optional: 2 hard-cooked eggs (sliced)
- In a serving bowl, combine the diced chicken, celery, and pineapple.
- Add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and toss gently. Add more mayonnaise, as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with lettuce and garnish with sliced egg, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|