Add a comment
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 123g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 33g||117%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
This chicken chili is loaded with flavor, and it makes a great fall or winter meal with cornbread or biscuits.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves (diced)
- 12 to 16 ounces chicken sausage (such as chicken apple sausage, or substitute turkey sausage)
- 2 cans (about 16 ounces each) great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice (fire-roasted, chili-style, or plain)
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers (or mild chile peppers; finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or to taste)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, diced chicken, and sliced sausage; sauté until onions are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Put the drained beans in a to 6-quart slow cooker; add the skillet mixture and all remaining ingredients except cilantro.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
Serve and enjoy!