|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 12 to 16 ounces chicken sausage, such as chicken apple sausage or chicken other smoked chicken or turkey sausage
- 1 cup
- chopped onion
- 4 clovesgarlic, minced
- 2 cans (about 16 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups
- tomatillo salsa
- 1 cupchicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice, fire-roasted, chili-style, or plain
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers or mild chile peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, diced chicken, and sliced sausage; sauté until onions are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Put the drained beans in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker; add the skillet mixture and all remaining ingredients except cilantro.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
You Might Also Like:
Chicken Chili with Hominy