We're not sure of the origin of chicken spaghetti, but it is a popular and versatile Southern dish. The classic version uses American cheese, boiled chicken, and tomatoes.
The classic old-fashioned chicken spaghetti is made with a long-cooked hen or whole chicken. You can use a cut-up chicken—whole legs and split chicken breasts. The spaghetti is cooked in the chicken broth and then combined with the chopped chicken, cheese, and other ingredients and then baked in a casserole. Condensed soup, mushrooms, tomatoes with green chiles, and pimientos are a few of the most popular additions. For super quick prep, use a rotisserie chicken or a package of refrigerated fully cooked chicken breast strips.
- Chicken spaghetti with tomato soup and cheese: Three different condensed soups are used in this hearty chicken spaghetti, along with chopped vegetables and cheese.
- Emily's chicken spaghetti: This is a simple 5-ingredient recipe made with boneless chicken breasts, cheese, and Ro-Tel tomatoes.
- Rotel chicken spaghetti: A typical chicken spaghetti recipe for six to eight people. Ro-Tel tomatoes add heat and flavor to this bold, satisfying chicken spaghetti.
- Melissa's chicken spaghetti: Melissa uses chicken breasts and linguine in her favorite recipe.
- Baked chicken spaghetti with cheese: Stewed tomatoes and tomatoes with green chile peppers are among the ingredients in this tasty chicken spaghetti.
- Sally's chicken spaghetti: This recipe for chicken spaghetti makes a big batch, enough for 8 to 10 servings. Mushrooms, bell peppers, and cheese are among the ingredients, and it's made with a homemade sauce rather than the typical condensed soup.
- Chicken pasta casserole with mushrooms and cheese: This chicken and spaghetti bake is prepared with a homemade cheese sauce, plus mushrooms and garlic. Use a rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken. Or make this casserole with diced leftover turkey.
- Chicken tetrazzini: While this isn't a typical Southern chicken spaghetti, it is a favorite combination of cooked chicken, mushrooms, and cooked spaghetti. The casserole is topped with shredded cheddar cheese.