Sweet bok choy and a tangy sauce using rice vinegar lend flavor to this stir-fried chicken recipe.
More Chinese Chicken Recipes
- 3 medium chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 3 large bok choy (stalks with leaves)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil for stir-frying, as needed)
- For the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions for Chicken in Garlic Sauce:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips about 2-inches long. Add the rice wine or sherry, green onion and the cornstarch. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the bok choy and the sauce. Separate the bok choy leaves and stalks, and cut both cross-wise into thin strips.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is ready, add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns white and is nearly cooked. (Stir-fry in two batches if necessary). Drain the stir-fried chicken on paper towels.
- Clean out the wok and add 2 to 3 tablespoons oil. When oil is ready, add the bok choy stalks. Stir-fry briefly and add the leaves.
- Push the bok choy up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Give the cornstarch and water mixture and quick re-stir and then add it to the sauce, stirring rapidly to thicken.
- Add the chicken. Mix through and serve hot.
Reader Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Reader Review: The sauce was so easy to make and very tasty--I used tofu and added other vegetables (brocoli and mushrooms). From Donna
More Chicken Stir-fry Recipes
Chicken and Asparagus
Chicken With Peaches
Garlic Chicken Stir-fry With Vegetables
Kung Pao Chicken Stir-fry
Leftover Chicken With Red and Green Peppers
Mango Chicken Stir-fry
Stir-fry Chicken With Red and Green Peppers
Ultimate Chicken Stir-fry