These chicken tenders are a snap to prepare and cook, and they're delicious with the flavorful Marsala sauce and grape tomatoes. If you're looking for a simple everyday meal, try this recipe. Serve the chicken tenders with baked or roasted potatoes or a rice dish, along with a tossed salad for a meal your family will enjoy.
Feel free to use boneless chicken breast strips or cutlets in this recipe instead of the tenders. Sliced mushrooms would also be good in this dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 8 to 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a food storage bag or bowl combine the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the chicken tenders with the flour mixture until well coated.
- Brown the chicken tenders for about 3 minutes on each side in the hot butter and oil mixture, or until lightly browned.
- Add the green onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the basil, chicken broth, and Marsala wine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes, cover, and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a serving platter and top with the vegetables and sauce.
- Serve these easy chicken tenders with hot boiled rice, angel hair pasta, or potatoes, along with a salad or steamed vegetables.
*Chicken breast strips can be substituted for the chicken tenders.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|