This is an easy and flavorful way to enjoy chicken thighs, and the dish is delicious with pasta or rice. Serve with a salad on the side for a perfect family meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can (about 2.25 ounces) sliced black olives (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
Saute the chicken thighs, turning frequently until browned on all sides.
Remove chicken to a casserole dish and set aside.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Stir flour into the skillet juices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add salt and pepper. Add the garlic, wine, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
Add thyme, mushrooms, olives, and parsley. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour over the chicken in the casserole.
Cover and bake for 40 minutes.