- 2 pounds/900 g skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup/120 mL fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup/120 mL plain yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground ginger
- 12 6- to 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water 15-30 minutes
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Combine with lemon juice, and salt in a bowl. Cover and place into refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. While chicken is in the fridge make the marinade. In a separate bowl combine yogurt, butter garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne. Mix well and add to chicken. Toss with tongs, cover and refrigerate for let meat marinade for three hours in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Oil grill grates well with a high smoke point oil. Place chicken tikka kebabs onto grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until done (an internal temperature of 165 degrees F or above). Turn a few times during grilling. Cook meat a little longer if using chicken thighs.
4. Once cooked through, remove kebabs from grill and either garnish with some chopped cilantro or green onions and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|