Not only is chicken tikka delicious the day you make it, if you're lucky to have some leftover the next day, make it into a sandwich! Here's how.
- 12 ounces leftover chicken tikka (more or less, see recipe below)
- 4 slices of sandwich bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced into rings
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala (available at most Indian grocery stores)
- 4 to 5 tbsps mint-coriander chutney (see recipe below)
Put the onion rings in a bowl and squeeze lime juice over them. Now sprinkle the chaat masala over them and mix well so the onions are fully coated.
Lay the slices of bread on a clean cutting board and butter. Now spread a generous layer of mint-coriander chutney on the bread.
Chop the chicken tikka into slices and lay on the bread to cover the entire surface of 2 of the slices.
Now add onion as per preference, on top of the chicken.
Cover with another slice of bread.
Trim edges if preferred and cut in half and serve.