This chicken and angel hair pasta includes broccoli, sliced carrots, and Parmesan cheese. Add some sliced cherry tomatoes, if desired, and finish with grated Parmesan cheese.
The chicken and vegetables are a light and flavorful combination. The dish is served over angel hair pasta or linguine. If you're limiting your carb intake, serve the chicken and vegetables over cooked spaghetti squash or summer squash or zucchini "noodles"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 3 chicken breast halves (boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 carrot (sliced on the diagonal into rounds about 1/8 to 1/4-inch in thickness)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (thawed from frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta (or linguini)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried leaf)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium heat; add chicken. Cook chicken, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the chicken with slotted spoon to paper towels.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to skillet; add the thinly sliced carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes longer.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions.
To the skillet add chicken broth, basil, sliced tomatoes, if using, and Parmesan cheese; stir to blend. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
Drain pasta well; arrange in a serving dish and top with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
You Might Also Like