This easy chicken is tasty with rice, or use the pasta of your choice. Feel free to use sliced asparagus instead of peas, or use another vegetable.
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless, without skin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces mushrooms (sliced baby portabella or button mushrooms)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 ounces Boursin cheese (with garlic and herbs)
- 1 cup peas (thawed from frozen)
- 8 to 12 grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
Pat chicken breast halves with paper towels to dry.
Put chicken between sheets of plastic and pound gently to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté until tender.
Add the chicken broth and thawed peas. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the Boursin cheese until well blended.
Add the chicken and tomatoes; stir to blend, cover, and heat through.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Serve over hot cooked fettuccine or similar pasta.