This easy chicken is tasty with rice, or use the pasta of your choice. Feel free to use sliced asparagus instead of peas, or use another vegetable.
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless, without skin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces mushrooms (sliced baby portabella or button mushrooms)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 ounces Boursin cheese (with garlic and herbs)
- 1 cup peas (thawed from frozen)
- 8 to 12 grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
Pat chicken breast halves dry.
Put chicken between sheets of plastic and pound gently to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Add the mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté until tender.
Add the chicken broth and thawed peas. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the Boursin cheese until well blended.
Add the chicken and tomatoes; stir to blend, cover, and heat through.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Serve over hot cooked fettuccine or similar pasta.