These boneless chicken breasts are flavored with a tasty cilantro cream sauce. Cajun seasoning, a little wine, green onions, and cream are among the ingredients. This is a flavorful dish, great with rice or pasta, or serve it with boiled new or fingerling potatoes. Feel free to replace the wine with more chicken broth.
Halved cherry or grape tomatoes and red bell pepper add color and more flavor to the dish.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (divided)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 4 to 6 green onion (with a few inches of green, sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine (dry)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Put the boneless chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and use the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or other heavy tool to flatten them to an even thickness of about 1/4-inch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and about half of the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot and shimmering but not smoking, add the chicken. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning to brown both sides. The juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork. The minimum safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 F (73.9 C). Remove the chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Add green onions and red bell pepper to the drippings in the skillet. Cook while stirring until vegetables are tender, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth and wine; bring to a boil. Simmer until juices have reduced to about 1/2 cup. Add the cream and continue simmering to reduce slightly. Stir in tomatoes and cilantro, along with remaining Cajun seasoning. Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Cook for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken back to the skillet; cover and heat through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||91 g|
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|