|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This easy skillet chicken is flavored with curry powder, garlic, and some dry white wine. If you prefer to cook without wine, use more chicken broth or add a small amount of apple juice for flavor.
Serve this great tasting chicken with rice and a favorite vegetable for a fabulous family meal.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves (boneless, without skin)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken stock (unsalted or low sodium)
- 1/2 cup white wine (dry)
- 1/4 cup pasrley (fresh, chopped or about 1 tablespoon dried)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste (kosher)
- black pepper to taste
Wash chicken breasts; pat dry and lightly sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat both sides.
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Add the chicken broth, wine, parsley, green onions, garlic, and curry powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Cover the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Stir in cream and add salt, to taste. Heat through.
Serve chicken breasts over hot cooked rice with some of the sauce.