|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||72%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A savory Boursin cheese sauce with mushrooms and herbs gives flavor to these simply sautéed chicken breasts. The easy, lightly thickened sauce and fresh herbs make this a dish you'll make again and again. It's an excellent choice for a busy day when you have little time to cook but want to provide a healthy meal.
Serve this tasty chicken dish with rice or noodles for a satisfying everyday meal. Finish it off with some grated or shredded Parmesan cheese if you like, or extra chopped chives or parsley.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, sliced or pounded until thinned)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 package/4 1/2 ounces Boursin cheese (light)
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Put the boneless chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and pound them gently to thin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Add mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
Stir in flour until blended.
Stir in chicken broth and cook, stirring, until thickened.
Stir in the Boursin cheese, chives, parsley and dill.
Cook, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Serve chicken with sauce.
- Boneless chicken breasts can vary greatly in size. Choose small to medium chicken breasts that are about 4 to 7 ounces in size. If chicken breasts are large, slice them in half horizontally to make thinner cutlets. According to the Amer serving of chicken or meat is about 3 to 4 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards.