|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
A savory Boursin sauce with mushrooms and herbs goes so well with these simply sauteed chicken breasts. Serve this tasty chicken dish with rice or noodles for a delicious meal.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, sliced or pounded until thinned)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 package/4 1/2 ounces Boursin cheese (light)
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
Put the boneless chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and pound until thin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Add mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
Stir in flour until blended.
Stir in chicken broth and cook, stirring, until thickened.
Stir in the Boursin cheese, chives, parsley and dill.
Cook, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Serve chicken with sauce.