A savory Boursin sauce with mushrooms and herbs goes so well with these simply sauteed chicken breasts. Serve this tasty chicken dish with rice or noodles for a delicious meal.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, sliced or pounded until thinned)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 package/4 1/2 ounces Boursin cheese (light)
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- Put the boneless chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and pound until thin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in the Boursin cheese, chives, parsley and dill.
- Cook, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|