Chicken breasts have plenty of flavor with a cream cheese and garlic sauce, and sweet grape tomatoes and green onions add color and more texture to the dish.
Serve this creamy chicken with hot cooked spaghetti, angel hair pasta, or rice. Add a simple tossed salad and crusty bread for a fabulous everyday meal.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender; add garlic and green onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Add the wine and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and cream cheese; set aside.
- Put a chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently to an even thickness. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Or, if the chicken breasts are quite thick, cut them in half horizontally, making two thin cutlets.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken pieces in the flour mixture, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the cream cheese sauce mixture to the chicken. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, depending on thickness.
- Uncover the pan and add halved grape tomatoes. Taste and add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed. Heat through.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with hot cooked spaghetti or rice.
Related Chicken Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||96 g|
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|