- 1 pound chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions (sliced, 6 to 8 green onions with tops)
- 1 large clove garlic (crushed and minced)
- 4 cups grits (hot cooked)
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch strips. Combine the flour with salt and pepper and dust the chicken strips lightly with the flour mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the chicken and brown lightly on all sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the green onions to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, until hot.
- Arrange grits in plates for serving. Spoon the chicken mixture over the grits and serve hot with a green vegetable or salad.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|