These chicken breasts are quick and easy to prepare in the skillet and they make a delicious meal with hot cooked pasta or rice, or serve them with potatoes and a side vegetable or tossed salad.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, boneless
- 6 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate, combine 4 tablespoons flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Dredge chicken pieces, coating thoroughly.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the hot oil and brown for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, tomatoes, wine, chicken broth, and sliced green onions; stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and mushrooms; stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Chicken must be cooked to at least 165 F on an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a chicken breast.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|