This is a fast, easy way to grill a tender, tasty filet mignon. The simple rub enhances the steak's flavor, giving it a rich beefiness with a hint of sweet from the brown sugar.
- 4 filet mignon, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1 teaspoons (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- Place dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Coat each steak with spice mixture. Make sure each steak has a good amount of seasoning on it.
- Put steaks in a small glass dish, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. When steaks reach desired doneness, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|