|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a fast, easy way to grill a tender, tasty filet mignon. The simple rub enhances the steak's flavor, giving it a rich beefiness with a hint of sweet from the brown sugar.
- 4 filet mignon, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1 teaspoons (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
Place dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Coat each steak with spice mixture. Make sure each steak has a good amount of seasoning on it.
Put steaks in a small glass dish, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. When steaks reach desired doneness, remove from heat and serve.