This easy chili dog recipe makes about 16 to 20 servings, perfect for a party or big game day gathering, and it takes just 30 minutes to cook.
Top the chili dogs off with mustard and chopped onions, a little cheese, or use your favorite hot dog toppings.
Put the sauce in a slow cooker to keep warm; serve right from the cooker with bowls of various toppings and napkins for guests.
Related Recipe: Classic Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground beef (or use half ground pork)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 tablespoons corn meal (or masa harina)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaves
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onion until light golden, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add chili powder, sugar and cumin. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring, until evenly browned. Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low and simmer until very thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|