This wet rub has a citrus flavor from the different types of juice and zest. This combined with a great selection of spices gives whatever you're preparing a great flavor. Remember that letting it marinade a while helps the flavors to blend and gives the paste time to thicken. Make this paste even spicier by using a hot chili powder.
- 1 lemon (and zest)
- 1 lime (and zest)
- 1 orange (and zest)
- 1/2 green chili (or more to taste, chopped with or without seeds)
- 5 garlic cloves (finely crushed)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL chili powder (mild)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
Mix 1/2 teaspoon of each fruit zest and all the juices with other ingredients. Add more spices if desired. Let stand at least 30 minutes before using (should thicken). Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days after preparation.
Marinate beef for up to 24 hours, pork and poultry for 12 hours, fish and seafood for 30 minutes to 1 hours. Mixture can be applied to vegetables right before they hit the grill.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|