|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 1 2/3 cup (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a good, simple rub for beef, particularly barbecue brisket. You can adjust the heat by using either hot or mild chili powder.
- 1 cup/240 mL brown sugar
- 2 green chili peppers (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt (sea)
- 1/2 tablespoon/7.5 mL cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon/7.5 mL black pepper (coarse ground)
Mix all ingredients together. Pack all around a 10-pound brisket and refrigerate 24 hours before smoking.
Place in the smoker, careful not to dislodge the rub. Smoke for 8 hours. Store this rub in an airtight container in a cool dark place. It is best to not store this rub too long or the brown sugar will harden and clump.