|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This spicy wet rub can be toned down by using a mild chili powder. Of course, the opposite is true for those who love barbecue with heat. Simply increase the amount of cayenne and opt for regular or spicy chili powder.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt (sea)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper (coarse, ground)
Mix all ingredients together and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
If using right away, apply the mixture to all surfaces of the meat, let stand for at least 20 minutes and place meat onto grill or smoker.