This spicy wet rub can be toned down by using a mild chili powder. Of course, the opposite is true for those who love barbecue with heat. Simply increase the amount of cayenne and opt for regular or spicy chili powder.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt (sea)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper (coarse, ground)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- If using right away, apply the mixture to all surfaces of the meat, let stand for at least 20 minutes and place meat onto grill or smoker.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|