Chimichurri Sauce is a fantastic combination of fresh herbs that give a cool but powerful flavor to anything you grill. These thin chicken breasts get marinated in a Chimicurri sauce before a hot and fast pass over the grill. Serve as the main dish or slice and serve in salads, sandwiches, wraps, or add to tacos or pizzas.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL fresh parsley
- 1 cup/240 mL fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup/80 mL olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a large cutting board and cover with clear plastic wrap. Take a kitchen mallet and flatten breasts evenly to about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Place remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse to make chimichurri sauce. Do not puree mixture, but leave a little texture to the ingredients.
3. Place chicken breasts into resealable plastic bag and pour chimichurri mixture over top.
Make sure to coat chicken well with marinade before sealing bag. Place into refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours in refrigerator. The longer the marinade time, the more flavor will be infused into the breast.
4. Preheat grill for medium high heat.
5. Take chicken out of bag and discard marinade. Place chicken onto to grill and cook 5 minutes per side, or until the thickest part of meat reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and serve. You can also make ahead of time and serve chilled and sliced over salads or in sandwiches.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||89 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|