Chimichurri sauce mixed with cream cheese makes a tasty accompaniment to seasoned chicken breasts. The chicken and cream cheese are wrapped together inside a puff pastry shell and baked, resulting in tender, flavorful chicken, creamy sauce, and a flaky crust.
Chimichurri sauce is a garlicky green sauce, often served alongside grilled meats.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons
- chimichurri sauce
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chicken breasts in the butter until lightly browned on both sides. Chill chicken for 20 minutes.
- Stir the chimichurri sauce into the cream cheese until well mixed.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry sheet to a 14-inch square. Cut pastry into four seven inch squares.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each pastry sheet. Place a chicken breast in each square, on top of the cheese, centered in the pastry square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with beaten egg. Fold the corners up over the chicken and seal the edges completely.
- Place the chicken breasts, seam side down, on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||113 g|
|Saturated Fat||34 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|